Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Dom

I don't know where to start with Dom - the leader of the band or the music. After hearing them I went over to Pitchfork and read one of the more ridiculous interviews I've seen. Dom is the leader of the band, but he won't tell anyone his last name because he apparently has a lot of debt. He's a pretty funny guy, and you can see that in the interview. Anyways, you can count the band as part of the wave of lo-fi music that just keeps coming. Based in Worchester, Massachusetts, they got together in January and have already released an EP titled Sun Bronzed Greek Gods. I've added the songs "Burn Bridges" and "Living in America" below. Their myspace page has more songs you can check out, which are also on the EP. I've been aware of this band for about five hours and I'm pretty sure this is going to be some of my favorite music of the year.


No comments: