Wednesday, November 4, 2009

They're Back!!!

Ok, so maybe you are not as excited about The Get Up Kids return to music as I am, but let me preface it first. This is one of the bands that helped me make the move from Limp Bizkit to Sunny Day Real Estate, from Creed to Creedence Clearwater Revival, from Eminem to Jurassic 5. This was one of the first bands that matured my musical tastes and led me to where I am today. Not to mention that they were an awesome 'emo' band whose lead singer would not face the crowd during a concert for fear that his tears would drown the mosh-pit. Daytrotter writes, "It was the band that epitomized all of the growing pains and all of the newfound obstacles, all of the welled up emotions and their related effects that came rushing during those days of being upperclassmen in high school and moving onto college years, when everything began to get just a little more testy and a lot more intense." Who can forget Four Minute Mile and Something to Write Home about ? Even their later release On a Wire was great. Needless to say, when my friend Gray told me that they were back and had four free songs here, I went as quick as I could with loads of anticipation. This, after all, is one of the bands that helped make indie music mainstream music. They have a new album that is ready to be released, they are touring, they are releasing a ten year anniversary edition of Something to Write Home About, they are back and I am very glad. Do yourself a favor, check out their daytrotter session, and wallow in late 90's nostalgia.

No comments: