Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Romany Rye


On tour with Delta Spirit, The Romany Rye is turning a few heads. Well at least mine. I am slated to see them Saturday in Birmingham and think they are worth checking out. I bought tickets to see Delta Spirit and hesitantly bought the Romany’s eight track record. But I am definitely going to make it to Bottletree early to see them open up… With a classic folk/rock feel, it’s hard not to enjoy them. I’m not going to attempt pinpointing influences as there seem to be so many possible comparisons, but the bottom line is… the music is good. A few nearby tour stops:

  • July 9th: The Masquerade - Hotlanta
  • July 10th: Bottletree - Birmingham
  • July 11th: Thirsty Hippo - Hattiesburg
  • July 12th: The Basement - Nashville
I hope someone enjoys...



No comments: